Thursday, September 4, 2008

Where Does God Live?

When I tucked the boys in bed last night, we were reminiscing about several things and I wanted to share a funny story we laughed about when Kaden was 3 years old. We had just moved from Arizona to California. Kaden was afraid to go to sleep because he thought the green light on the smoke detector was a monster's eye looking at him. I tried to comfort him by explaining that if he'd just close his eyes and say a prayer that Heavenly Father would help him feel better and he could know that he was protected by Him. After a moment of contemplation, Kade said, "But Mom, I thought you said Heavenly Father lived in Arizona." He thought when we moved to California that we'd left Heavenly Father behind. It was a great opportunity to teach him that Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost can be anywhere at any time that we seek their companionship, a fact I obviously hadn't been able to make clear until then. I love the simplicity and innocence of childrens' minds.

0 comments: