Monday, August 30, 2010

Update

Without having mobility/dexterity of my left side, it takes forever to type one-handed so I’m less motivated to get online to correspond with people and update the blog. I’m taking physical, occupational, and soon speech therapy to overcome all this. Even though I’ve already seen a bit of improvement, a full recovery may be a long road from my perspective because I’m not a patient individual. Occupational and physical therapy are good for me; though, again, I struggle with patience. I want to see results yesterday.:)I think maybe the stroke was Heavenly Father’s way of saying, “Slow down. You have more to learn. Don't be in such a rush to do what you want to do.” I know I need to start each day asking God, "Okay, I'm here and handicapped. What would you like me to learn and do today?"

After running several tests, doctors don’t know what caused the lack of oxygen to my brain. One doctor said we all took for granted that I was doing so well and not acknowledging that I still have four brain tumors and cancer in the body, so I still shouldn’t jump back into a full exercise regime. He said we probably created a perfect storm with brain radiation, chemotherapy, and a week in the mountains for girls camp at high altitude rock climbing, hiking, & mountain biking. (The stroke took place at camp.)

In the meantime, I'm not allowed to run (even if I could). It seems the most actvity my body is getting is through gaining weight, not lifting weight! haha

2 comments:

HILL HESS said...

You are such an inspiration. I'm so glad you are keeping up the blog. We love the updates. I don't know how you are moving with all this going on! I hope you have found some fabulous doctors in Roseville!

Terrie B said...

Thank you for continuing to update your Blog. I will follow it whereever it goes.

How is the move going? tell me you have help!